take back the sUMMER
Is summer camp happening?
Yes! Our team is hard at work planning for the safest summer ever! We plan to begin camp on Monday, July 5. Camp will run for eight whole weeks (7/5-8/27). You can register today!
How will I get updates about camp?
We will send email updates to all registered families prior to the start of camp. Please make sure we have your current and correct email address on file. You can also visit us at http://www.communitylifestyle.org and on Facebook for news, updates, and announcements.
Additional measures we are taking to ensure safety this summer:
- Mandatory hand washing upon arrival and frequently throughout the day.
- A questionnaire screening will be administered to everyone prior to camp and to anyone who discloses symptoms throughout the summer.
- Mental health specialists will provide training, resources, and guidance for campers and staff.
- Disinfecting all equipment, supplies and crafts after each usage.
- Staff will go through extensive training to be prepared to carry out all the safety procedures required
- Sign-in and out procedures at pick-up and drop-off will occur curbside, or outside of the building/camp area.
The residents of the Hoboken Housing Authority are at an unfortunate disadvantage with the majority of the residents on the economy low income guidelines. Children living here are not able to get an opportunity for quality programming. The most logical and effective step would be to convert their community rooms into summer camp activity areas. Not only will these rooms be utilized as an outlet for children to play in a safe environment, but also as a way to enhance their educational and developmental skills, introduce basic life skills and overall provide a place they can be themselves.
Recreational and fitness activities is very essential for child’s growth with proper social skills, improved self-esteem, physical activity, and a sense of community. A place where kids and teens are welcome giving them a chance to change their circumstances and stay off the streets and out of trouble. The families living at the Hoboken Housing Authority are doing the best they can to try to make ends meet financially and the children are at a disadvantage. This is more than enough for a call for action.
9:00AM to 3:00PM
Program hours are as follows: Sign in anytime between 8:45 and 9:30 AM. Please be advised that each child must by signed in each program day DO NOT DROP YOUR CHILD OFF BEFORE 8:45 AM.