Is summer camp happening?
Yes! Our team is hard at work planning for the safest summer ever! We plan to begin camp on Monday, July 13. Camp will run for six whole weeks (7/13-8/21). You can register today!
How will I get updates about camp?
We will send email updates to all registered families prior to the start of camp. Please make sure we have your current and correct email address on file. You can also visit us at http://www.communitylifestyle.org and on Facebook for news, updates, and announcements.
What will you be doing differently this summer to keep everyone safe?
The CDC recently released a camp Field Guide specifically for day camps that we will be following. In addition to these guidelines, we are implementing “cohorts,”; which are smaller permanent group sizes (8-10 campers max) within each group. We will only have camp outdoor this year with hand washing stations, mandatory face masks (where social distancing cannot be accommodated).
Staff/volunteers and campers will be (non-touch) temperature checked every day upon arrival. Anyone with a temperature of 100 degrees or higher will be sent home and must remain symptom-free for 48 hours before returning to camp. A doctor’s note may be required.
Additional measures we are taking to ensure safety this summer:
- Mandatory hand washing upon arrival and frequently throughout the day.
- A questionnaire screening will be administered to everyone prior to camp and to anyone who discloses symptoms throughout the summer.
- Mental health specialists will provide training, resources, and guidance for campers and staff.
- Field trips have been canceled.
- Sports and games that cannot accommodate social distancing will be prohibited.
- Disinfecting all equipment, supplies and crafts after each usage.
- Staff will go through extensive training to be prepared to carry out all the safety procedures required
- Sign-in and out procedures at pick-up and drop-off will occur curbside, or outside of the building/camp area. Parents/guardians are asked to please wear a facemask at these times
The residents of the Hoboken Housing Authority are at an unfortunate disadvantage with the majority of the residents on the economy low income guidelines. Children living here are not able to get an opportunity for quality programming. The most logical and effective step would be to convert their community rooms into summer camp activity areas. Not only will these rooms be utilized as an outlet for children to play in a safe environment, but also as a way to enhance their educational and developmental skills, introduce basic life skills and overall provide a place they can be themselves.
Recreational and fitness activities is very essential for child’s growth with proper social skills, improved self-esteem, physical activity, and a sense of community. A place where kids and teens are welcome giving them a chance to change their circumstances and stay off the streets and out of trouble. The families living at the Hoboken Housing Authority are doing the best they can to try to make ends meet financially and the children are at a disadvantage. This is more than enough for a call for action.
9:00AM to 12:00PM
Program hours are as follows: Sign in anytime between 8:45 and 9:30 AM. Please be advised that each child must by signed in each program day DO NOT DROP YOUR CHILD OFF BEFORE 8:45 AM.
1:00PM TO 3:00PM
Supervised sessions run weekly via Zoom and meet each day with fellow cabinmates and are guided through crafts, play-based learning activities, movement, and mindfulness. The weekly curriculum is tailored for the campers’ ages and can be customized to the interests and needs of a given group.