We engage with youth and teens in a variety of programs, including health and wellness, life skill development, employment and training, education, social, recreational programming. Below is a sample of programs. This does not include the many one‐time programs that we will hold for youth and teens at various locations through New Jersey.
Teens take the city
Teens Take The City is a leadership development program that offers teens the opportunity to get involved in issues affecting their community. Teens will help clean their city by doing community services, from painting over graffiti to serving meals to those in need.
Introduce teens to the business world and inspire those to start/own their own company or endeavor one day. Business plans, market studies, profit/loss, product testing are all examples of topics to cover. Tour a local business to observe various functions or positions. Following the tour start your own company by electing a president, vice presidents for various departments, and positions. Have participants create their own entrepreneurial idea and conduct a contest for the best presented business plan. This model can be used when teaching teens about entrepreneurship, running a corporation, a retail store etc.
Swimming lessons teach children self-confidence, encourage physical fitness and cut the risk of drowning.
More information coming soon
To empower, strengthen and promote self-sufficiency among the Hoboken housing authority residents. The ultimate benefit of these services is
improved outcomes related to social, family and community functioning, as well as physical wellness.
Community Lifestyle’s Summer Program focuses on two main goals:
1. To provide comprehensive, supervised childcare that will have an in-depth impact on children and families by allowing for:
The Economic Stability of the Family
A Positive Experience for Children in terms of Care,
Self Development and Education
2. To create an environment that fosters opportunities for the development of the child in the areas of:
- Physical Education
- Cognitive Growth
- Social/Emotional Growth
- To provide a pleasant transition as the child moves between grades.
- To encourage and assist parents/guardians in being partners in their child’s education.
- To create a safe environment, where children feel secure and successful.
- To foster readiness skills through language, literacy, mathematics, science, music & movement, and art.
- To help children appreciate and respect individual differences.
- To promote play as a vital source for developing the whole child.
- To instill a love of learning.
- To inspire each child to reach for their individual potential.
COVID SAFETY MEASURES
- All children and adults must have their temperature checked before entering the field
- Hand sanitizer and disinfectants are available throughout each program area
- Staff/volunteers will be required to have COVID testing done prior to the start of camp